With approximately 200,000 websites operating on this platform, Magento is the latest innovation in website development. It is an e-commerce website development platform that Adobe Inc owns.
The platform was introduced as an open-source e-commerce platform built on the PHP framework. The platform’s source code was made available worldwide to developers under the Open Software License. Being open-source software, the developers and the creators get the freedom to alter the base code according to their own needs. It does not tamper with its basic functioning of building a flawless e-commerce website for the business.
Magento handles the appearance aspect of the website as well. The platform comes with various integrated plug-ins and themes to go with your work. The ease of making changes from one platform helps in improving the overall customer experience. Magento was created by keeping in mind its ease of access, allowing anyone to work on it. You don’t need extensive technical knowledge to create an e-commerce platform.
Features of Magento Platform for E-commerce websites
The reason behind the popularity of Magento is its e-commerce platform that is loaded with features. Features like SEO optimization, marketing plug-ins, and database management make Magento a dream for every e-commerce business owner.
The features of the Magento platform are:
- Pre-loaded marketing and promotion tools
- Single administration control for various websites and stores
- SEO optimization
- Auto-generated sitemap and popular search page
- Inventory management
- Detailed division of different consumer groups
- Ability to add images and information for personalized products
- Ease of product browsing
- Stock availability information for customers
- Sharing on social media platforms
- Single page checkout with facility for guest checkout
- Saving shopping cart for later purchase
- Saving payment methods for future
- Ease of sending gifts and customized messages with products
- Customer service and contact us forms
- Optimization for the mobile website with integrated HTML5
And so on.
Why do you need Magento Development Services?
There are several Magento Development Service providers out there in the market. Finding the right person or service provider for your job can be a little confusing. In such cases, it is essential to rule out your requirements first and then cross-check them with the providers.
Here are the things you need to do before hiring a Magento Development Service:
- Ask for the certifications a company holds in regards to the Magento software.
- Understand the requirements of your business before handing over the project to a developer.
- Check the online ratings and reviews of the service provider.
- Ask for their client portfolio to get an idea of the quality of work.
- Check out their post-development services and get reviews from the previous employers.
These things are crucial to the process as your e-commerce platform should be easy to use and informative. Air Networks Inc is one such Magento Development Service provider that handles the client’s needs. They also offer marketing and website hosting services for people who already have an e-commerce platform up and running.